Monthly report on risk management matters
We will report on our risk management and related undertakings from the perspective of recent news headlines.
- Registering credit cards necessary for becoming a member, including subscribing to premium services, and enabling payments through electronic money
- When registering a credit card for becoming a member and subscribing to our services, the customer's identity is confirmed. Credit card information to be used for enabling payments through electronic money will be registered, handled and supported in the presence of the member. When beginning this process, we follow an operational procedure with a check system, including confirmation by a third party.
- Our response to the Corporate Governance Code
- n responding to the five newly established codes and nine revised codes, our Explain items come to a total of five, including existing items. We will continue considering the Explain items. We will maintain a system with corporate governance in place, so as to boost our corporate value.
To see the contents that have been revised, please visit here(in Japanese only).
- Regarding the shortage of supplies of some CPUs
- In the event of a market-wide shortage of items, sales demand of PCs and parts, including CPUs, could be affected.
In order to continue to provide support to our members, we will make well-planned proposals through, for example, enhancing our selection not only of Windows PCs but also of Mac and secondhand items, and reutilizing idle devices.
- Continued employment until the age of 70
- The Company currently has a compulsory retirement age system at the age of 65.
However, to provide diversity the Company offers forward-looking work opportunities such as by extending employment to the age of 70 to reward those making proactive contributions to business management.
The Company and the labor union, etc. are sharing ideas on how to lay the groundwork for these work opportunities.
- Response to the “Act for Partial Amendment of the Telecommunications Business Act, etc.”
- Since the system for initial contract cancellation also applies to the Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) voice call service, the Company is now spreading the word about items and features for services provided by MVNOs and our company.
Customers can check on the service environment and subscriber details directly at the store counter while going through the procedures.
- Opportunity for Employees to Contemplate Compliance
- The Company continues to have all employees renew their pledge letters twice a year as an opportunity to reaffirm business ethics, compliance and revisions to the laws.
- The Company's Response to Guideline Changes and Price Revisions by Mobile Phone Business Operators
- PC DEPOT Corporation makes every effort to respond promptly to guideline changes and price revisions by mobile phone business operators concerning our agreements with our customers.
Since the Company's stores operate on the basis of face-to-face communication, we carry out procedures in person when receiving requests for a PC DEPOT membership service or providing the necessary settings for using the service.
For the Company's views on store operation, please refer to the section titled "To our stakeholders: 4. Entertainment and 5. Governance."
- Encouraging employees to take planned paid vacations
- We are promoting programs that encourage employees to take paid vacations. Labor and management have joined forces to proceed with refresher training and deploying schemes so that each employee can systematically design highly productive work styles and stable lifestyles.
- Board Members for FY 2018
- At our Ordinary General Shareholders' Meeting held on June 27, 2018, ten directors were elected. Among them, the number of outside directors increased to three.
We continue to strive to maintain corporate governance.
- Management of Insider Transaction Control
- To maintain trust in the securities market, we have set out rules for handling our shares—according to which we regularly prepare opportunities for our members to confirm and understand the rules through seminars when they join the company and are promoted to managerial positions.
Additionally, we register the insider information of our board members with Japan-Insider Registration & Identification Support System (J-IRISS), operated by the Japan Securities Dealers Association, whereby we strive to prevent insider transactions including unintended ones.
- Immediate Confirmation at the Time Natural Disasters Strike
- In case of disasters occurring, such as earthquakes or a rapid change in weather, we have a system in place under which the Knowledge Center in the Head Office will immediately confirm the safety of customers in all stores and of store facilities with transceivers (a dedicated system), in-store cameras and other devices. Including these preparations, we are operating our stores in a stable manner.
- Improving our work system
- We are aiming to create value for our members and associates that will be useful in everyday life in the future. To do this, we see investing in human resources as an important issue.
To promote diverse work styles, we are improving our work system so that our employees can design their future with more income, self-development and having enough to fall back on in emergencies.
- Managing physical and mental health
- We offer consultations with clinical psychologists, counseling sessions and once a year, a company-wide stress check for all employees as well as part-time workers who are enrolled in the social insurance program.
We also offer opportunities to check their stress level whenever needed.
- Guidance offered at the time of signing up for telecommunication service
- The Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications is currently reviewing and improving the guidance offered from stores to consumers with the purchase of new smartphone contracts.
We will continue to enhance measures such as, for all contracts and services we offer, introducing clear illustrations to explain important items to ensure complete guidance.
- Compliance Double-checks
- Taking it as an opportunity to check business ethics, compliance, legal revisions, etc., we have on an ongoing basis had all our employees to enter into oaths every six months, which have been updated for the first time this fiscal year.
- More store holidays
- After setting about one day a month as a regular store holiday, we notified the customers, and also renewed our managerial control items.
- Workstyle reforms, etc.
- We made our annual policies on productivity and work styles known throughout the company and are currently focusing on instilling these concepts.
- Verification of users under 18 years old at the time of the contract of premium service and communication service
- We operate our business by promote understanding the contents of revisions to the law and implementing painstaking measures to verify our users.
- Climate Change Alert
- The Knowledge Center at the company head office promptly finds out about a natural disaster that occurred by learning the weather conditions in the areas around our stores.
In the winter season, to ensure safe store operation we take measures in advance according to snow fall conditions.